Monday, September 22, 2014

Backtracking a little: a little story about my sunshine ...

My whole life has been filled with sunshine... the sunshine of a loving family and a passel (yes, that's a word in my neck of the woods) of friends.

Now my husband is gone to the source that sent all of our spirits into this wonderful world where the sun shines on our faces and in our hearts. I'm not alone, though I live alone and am quite comfortable in my alone-ness. But I am easily bored. I couldn't spend all of my time going out into the real life world around me. There are times when I prefer my sole pursuits, when I enjoy the time I have to be my own person and create my own enjoyment. Yes, I admit it! I'm a loner by nature.

When I rejoined Second Life after being gone for a while, my goal was to find an outlet for the creative energy that churns within my soul. I've always had an imagination that would drive a normal person crazy. There are so many things going through my mind at any one moment that I'm surprised I don't live in the loony den.

So on with my story... I entered SL again in January of 2014 with an avatar created several years ago. There was a need to find new friends and reacquaint myself with old. But that wasn't all. I also wanted to make my mark... to be creative... to accomplish something... to find an occupation that would keep me busy and give me a sense of satisfaction at the end of the day.

For a month or so I wandered aimlessly around the grid searching. Then one day I saw some store models doing their thing at one of the SL stores. Hmmm.. I thought.. I could do that! What is so hard about standing on a pose stand or pedestal and just moving around occasionally? Simple. Easy peasy! (I was very naive back then.)

Sooo... how to go about becoming one of those beautifully clothed and coifed models? I ran a search and came up with some names of modeling agencies and academies. That was the start. I won't go into detail except to say that for a while I was like that college grad that just did not want to move on to a job or career. I became a perpetual student of modeling in whatever courses I could afford and get into. The outcome however proves that nothing was wasted.

I met so many great people, mentors, sisters in modeling, friends, etc. that I am overwhelmed by the generosity and love in this industry. I am so happy and having so much fun with my career as a model in this virtual world we either love or hate. My inner sunshine has brightened into a glow that is blinding in its intensity and burning in its heat. 

Thank you, SL! And thank all of you who touched me along the beginnings of my journey and continue to touch me as I travel the catwalks with that cat-that-ate-the-canary smile. 

I am one contented cat! Watch me curl up and stretch in the sunshine of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment